Old November 6th 04, 05:16 AM
William

(Steve Robeson K4YZ) wrote in message ...
Subject: Designed And Built By PROFESSIONALS....
From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 11/5/2004 6:02 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

For that matter, I've also seen part of
the GC Electronics operations when their wire-stripper line was still a
part of it...and known two who worked there (in 1956). [GC is now a
merge with Walsco and most of their 'products' are produced by others
on an OEM basis]

So?

Don't discourage him, Jim!

He's moved from 1953 to 1956!

I have a small collection of Greenlee punches which have been
gathering rust and dust. About every 5 years or so I may take them
out, oil them and rub them with some steel wool. Haven't used them
for about 9 years or so.

I'll give ya $5 each for them.

Maybe if he knew what Greenlee punches were for they might not gather so
much rust.

I suppose next you will demand I show up at Dayton with the
"citations" to prove I do things? Harrrr!!!!

None of us have seen anything you've built at home. None of your articles in
'ham radio' were construction articles. You've lots of criticism for others'
construction projects, but when asked to show what HF radio projects *you*
have
built at home, with your own resources and on your own time, the result is a
big fat zero.

Len, you're all talk and no action. All show and no go. All sizzle and no
steak.

There aren't any...Not HF...Not VHF...Not in ANY electronics discipline.

Use all the old holes for the
"new design?" Make everything "fit" those existing holes?

bwahahahahahahahahaha!

You really have no imagination when it comes to practical radio, Len.

The key word there was, of course, "practical".

That means BUYING chassis somewhere...or
snaffling ("swipe") them.

You mean steal? I don't do that.

Heavens, no!

That's right.

Did you ever "snaffle" parts, Len?

Must be a 1950's era term.

Right now its wondering why I'm wasting
all this time writing a reply to an unrepentant PCTA-er who is bound
and determined to rationalize (one way or the other) that he is perfect
ham in every way.

I've never claimed to be perfect or god-like in anything, Len. I'm just a
radio
amateur who has homebrewed some amateur radio stations over the past 37
years.
You haven't done any of that, yet you set yourself up in judgement.

The only one I've ever seen in this forum even remotely suggest they are
perfect was some potty-mouthed ex-radio technician who suggested, at one time,
that he and any two of his engineering buddies were worth just about everyone
else in the Amateur Radio service.

Prove that. Show your work.

Why?

Lennie's always demanding engineer-level performance from evryone else,
but is incapable of taking a simple Amateur Radio exam or getting a 2N2222
oscillating.

U.S. Army radio station ADA sent 220 thousand TTY messages a
month in 1955 in 24/7 operations, radio circuits all over the Pacific
on HF.

And there were how many personnel stationed there?

Good thing you didn't ask him "...how many COMPETENT personnel",
Jim...Wudda had to subtract at least one!

Wouldn't matter anyway...Lennie was not an authorized operator then,
either...Just a radio mechanic, according to the MOS's he's supplied.

that item in it ('Stripes' was and is still available to the military
public
and to dependents). Each and every team supervisor at transmitters
was immediately responsible to keep those radio transmitters
operating when scheduled.

It was their *job* and sole responsibility, right? For which they were
trained,
fed, housed, clothed and otherwise cared for, right? Who paid for all that
radio equipment and supporting stuff, Len?

Why JIM..! How DARE you ask! We all KNOW that Lennie waived all his
paychecks, paid his own keep out of pocket, and designed, built and operated
ALL his OWN gear!

Jimmie, I can get even MORE specific about all of that old stuff
because: (1). I was there; (2). I have documents to prove it;
(3). I have personal photographs as well as Signal Corps photos
(with mimeoed ID on the backs, as military standard then) from
those days; (4). I have other documents obtained as gifts from
a now-retired civilian engineer who was there at the time and stayed
with the station complex after the USAF took over in 1963 (he now
lives in California); (5). I have been in correspondence, both
written and telephone, with another who was there at the same time
as I, has been a amateur radio licensee for years; (6). The
Pacific Stars & Stripes did check out some of my material and
published it (article by staffer Rick Chernitzer who did the interview)
on 10 November 2002 (it's in the middle of that Sunday edition, a
"double truck" or two-page spread as the publishing folks sometimes
call it).

Nobody doubts that you were there, Len. Yet you get all defensive about it.

Ironic...10 November...the MARINE CORPS Birthday...Huh, Lennie....

Dat tree.

Don't disgrace the Marine Corps on their birthday.