Old November 6th 04, 02:49 PM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote

But seriously folk, this whole "They just don't get it!" jeremiad, is
just that - a jeremiad.

Damn, Mike, you're a flip-flopper to rival Senator Kerry. Back about
2-1/2 years ago when I made this same pitch almost verbatim, your
flattery was almost embarrassing when you said:

One shouldn't ever change their mind. As a newly minted Extra lite, I
had some thoughts about the matter.

But these days, one must make up their mind about something
immediately, and any change is a sign of weakness, moral ineptitude, and
a lot of other bad things.

Stay the course.

Sorry, but in my time since then, I've learned a lot. I learned that I
was wrong then. That may not fit in with your politics, but so be it.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...adelphia .net

Gee Hans, sensible talk like that, and rrap might just
dissapear! 8^)

Excellent post, and I suggest that we take it to heart. That is if we
care about the future of the ARS.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Watsa matta --- you don't "care about the future of the ARS" anymore?

I don't think your idea that we should abandon political action for
scientific reporting only (you do realize that that is just more
politics don't you?) is a great way to lose a lot of things.

We deal with regulators, and they are a branching of the political
process. It's there, and it's a fact of life. Notice how we give
feedback to the FCC on various subjects? That is political input. We are
a technical service trying to convince non-technical people of our opinions.

Put in reverse order, do you think that if we had prepared and
presented a technical report on the subject, that BPL would have been
discarded?

- Mike KB3EIA -