Old November 6th 04, 05:00 PM
N2EY

In article ,
(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,
PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

We've already seen how you react to others who have served our country in
both military and nonmilitary government service.

Right...for making lots of brags and claims and implied "combat
experience" as in "seven hostile actions." :-)

Mostly just for daring to disagree with you.

Or those who were "in Vietnam" yet can't be specific about what
they did or where.

I don't think that would make any difference to how you behaved towards them.

Or those who "served the country" by being a minor civilian sort for a
defense contractor on a USN aircraft carrier. [I tend to dismiss
the claims of "taking photographs for naval intelligence" as having
any importance]

Yet all these people should show respect for *your* service even though you
show absolutely none for *theirs*.

"Dave" wants his State experiences enobled as wonderful radio
acts for the nation or something. State Department just doesn't
have the size or scope to compete with the U.S. military commo
facilities. The DSN has taken over the day-to-day task for that
and the U.S. Army Signal Corps has long served State for the
vital sensitive communications means (which "Dave" will
immediately argue since he is most sensitive to any sort of
negativism to "Dave").

So you think it's OK to treat K8MN the way you did, and continue to do.

Ooooo...I've "insulted" a member of the USMC? Horrors!

Yes, I was unaware that the USMC is hero of the U.S. military and
the savior of all wars and is therefore ALLOWED (perhaps
encouraged) to insult and demean all other U.S. military service
branch veterans. See cute little Yiddish pejoratives such as "Putz"
(which means 'penis head').

It would be interesting to see when that pejorative was first used, and what
you did to encourage it.

Tsk. I am "guilty" of an inter-service faux pas according to your
veteranism (or veterinarianism or vegetarianism) as a military
veteran yourself. I was unaware that standing retreat (a military
ceremony at sundown) honoring 23 members of my military
battalion was somehow "dishonoring them" (according to the
medically-discharged USMC veteran). Mea culpa.

It's more like your constant badgering and insulting of anyone who disagrees
with you.

That USMC "veteran" (who never claimed any USMC commo
experience) thinks my MOS was as a "radio mechanic" despite
my giving the official U.S. Army Military Occupation Specialty
brief description.

So - "can't you take a little tweak"?

All that because the U.S. Army never used any morse code in
long-distance 24/7 operation HF communications 51 years ago.

You know this for a fact? How?

Tsk. Well, you've had all that "experience" at Washington Army
Radio because you read a rather dated (almost pre-WW2) article
by a very olde-tymer hamme and thus you "were there" and
"knew all about" ACAN (Army Command and Administrative
Network) in which I took part. No sweaty dah.

Was the article factual or not?

It seems to me that you're very opposed to Morse Code getting *any* credit for
*anything* useful.

You've neglected to "correct" me on many other things that
involved communications that I've experienced since 1956...

You make too many mistakes for me to keep up with, Len ;-) ;-)

except some brief mentions on SURPLUS equipment of WW2
era radio. You don't know SINCGARS or the IHFR families
which are the mainstay of small-unit operations in today's
military...IHFR involves HF spectrum communications and the
present-day PRC-104 is part of that IHFR effort since 1986.

So what? Why is SINCGARS of any relevance to amateur radio?

Can hams get the sets in surplus? Can hams use them legally? How much does a
new one cost?

Show us your heroism and wonderful deeds that makes YOU so
superior you can denigrate those of us who DID serve in the military.

Where have I "denigrated" anyone's military or other government service?

Myself and Brian Burke by implication if not directly.

You take *any* comment that is not butt-kissing suck-up praise as an insult.

Show us some examples of these so-called "denigrations". My posts are all in
google.

Further,
you've supported or condoned other PCTAs for personally insulting
the both of us. All that has been in public view here.

"Supported or condoned"?

What would you suggest that I do?

Seems to me that you expect me to somehow stop others from saying anything you
perceive as an insult, but at the same time allow you to insult them freely.

Here's a clue, Len: That's not how it works. Each of us is responsible for our
own postings.

You've made considerable "fun" out of my having a professional
career in radio-electronics and try to denigrate professionals in
many areas besides radio.

Where? Show us, Len.

Yet you CLAIM to be a "pro" in your
day job and have never been specific in what you are supposed
to be doing "in electronics."

Where did I claim any of that? Show us, Len.

I've brought out the FACT in the U.S. military communications (on
HF) as of a half century ago NOT INVOLVING morse code for fixed-
point to fixed-point "traffic."

How do any of us know it's a FACT except because you say-so?

How do we know that the entire US military (not just the Army) did the same
thing?

Most of all: *WHY* is that supposed FACT of any importance to amateur radio
*today*?

C'mon - explain it to us. Show us why it has any importance at all.

You kept diverting to USN shipboard
operations trying somehow to "prove" that morse was the Big
Thing in the military

Not true, Len.

I was simply showing that Morse Code use in the US military continued for
decades beyond 1952. You may denigrate the USN and USCG as not being
"big-time", but they are.

...which you didn't prove since TTY was the
major traffic carrier (by far) for all military branches a half century
ago.

How do we *know* that except for your say-so, Len?