Old November 6th 04, 07:08 PM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote

Put in reverse order, do you think that if we had prepared and
presented a technical report on the subject, that BPL would have been
discarded?

Of course I don't think that, and neither did I say that.

What I DID say is that I believe that ARRL is wasting our money
trying to be a political force, and (MORE IMPORTANTLY) that I think that
the same money would be better spent on efforts which renewed the
Amateur Radio reputation for technical innovation.

You keep trying to twist it into "what has Hans done lately?".

Twist? A large part of your post was quoting:

"I would urge you to continue shifting towards more
spectrally efficient communications techniques - especially
digital techniques. Such a shift has a number of benefits:

"- First of all, it demonstrates to POLICYMAKERS and REGULATORS
that you are good stewards of the public's airwaves even without
direct economic incentives.

"- Second, by using what you have efficiently, it strengthens
your case when you need to ask for additional spectrum.

"- Third, by allowing more users to access the available
allocations simultaneously, it improves the amateur experience and
ultimately increases the attractiveness of the service to new and
old users alike."

I'll assume that you believe what you posted? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I would hope you would set a good example by taking the lead.

Of course an alternative might be like a person that I know that had
the cojones to declare that their role in life was to point out others
shortcomings, not to do anything about them.

Or are we only supposed to talk about the ARRL political funding and
not the other ports of your post? You quoted the "digital techniques"
again yourself while trying to discredit me for changing my position.

Between Lenover21 and yourself, I'm beginning to think my posts are a
real irritant! 8^) You two need to get together and write up some