Old August 5th 03, 03:50 AM
gil

I wonder if the meter or the meter circuit got screwed up?
I connected the tuner to an outside SWR/WATT meter and it seems to tune the
antenna well....according to the outboard meter while the one on the tuner
itself reads high SWR and low power.

"gil" wrote in message
I have the MFJ-971 portable tuner that I use with a random wire when all

of
the sudden I could not load on any bands and the "forward" power reads

very
low. At first I thought I blew the rig (TS-430) but then when I tried a
couple of different rigs ,the same thing happens... high SWR readings and
low power, also tried different antennas with the MFJ-971 and got the same
results.
Any suggestions before going out and purchasing another tuner? And is it
possible to "blow" a tuner, I dont use anything over 50 watts on CW.
Thanks.........gil