Old November 14th 04, 10:02 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Lloyd" wrote in message

Simple Test for Ham Radio Addiction Syndrome (HRAS)

1. Can you go without ham radio for 90 days?

Yes, did so for several years actually.

2. Have you gone more than three days without bathing?

Yes, but that was in the military. Part of the job description you know.

3. Are the clothes you wear dirty and smell?

Not now, I'm out of the military.

4. Do you take your meals in the ham radio shack?

No, I take them in front of the TV like all you other couch potatoes do.

5. Have you constructed a separate building behind your home
for ham radio?

No, it was here when I bought his place. A real nice 25 x 35.

6. Do your neighbors hate you because of TVI?

No, I send them to the idiot CBer with the Varmit across the street.

7. Do your kids or grandkids wonder if they have a father
or grandfather?

Nope

8. Have you ever done a family activity which does not involve
taking your ham radios with you?

Yep

9. Have you forced your xyl & kids to get their tickets? Be honest.

Nope

10. Do people stare in awe at your car or truck because it has so
many stupid looking antennas on it?

Nope, only ant on MY truck is a mag mount. Which is off most of the time
because I can't stand the dumb fools around here running packet on the FM
frequencies.

11. Do you come to this forum to bicker with other hams?

Yeah, thats fun actually.

If you were honest and answered two or more of these questions
in the affirmative, chances are good that you suffer from HRAS.

So what?

Dan/W4NTI

Help is available from fellow hams who have recovered from HRAS.

73,

Lloyd