Old March 1st 04, 05:52 AM
tedoboxer

Default s9 noise problem related to position of antenna tuner?

Can you please advise on the optimal position for my atu. I'm a novice ham,
and at the moment I've got a random length of wire slung between my attic
roof and a garden tree (about 40 feet high), with a connection to the centre
wire of a 50 ohm coax cable as soon as it enters the attic roof, down to my
antenna tuner. My problem is a very high level of electrical noise across
most HF bands, especially the lower ones. We have a lot of electrical
cabling in the roof for lights, satellite tv etc, and switching them all off
would provoke a family riot. Would it be any better if the atu was between
the wire and the coax where it enters the roof (although it would be
difficult for me to get a power supply up there)? Any other possible
solutions to the noise problem? Thanks for your help.