Old November 25th 04, 05:54 PM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

Subject: Who Can Have A US License? Sequential Calls?
From: "KØHB"
Date: 11/25/2004 11:43 AM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

And a primary station location should be required on the license.

That's your opinion.

And my opinion is worth any less than yours...how...????

In the FCC's opinion it is not a regulatory necessity, thus they don't
require it.

It's not about regulatory. It's about enforcement.

These are all archaic regulations, just like "primary station location
required", which did not serve any FCC regulatory purpose and they have
discarded.

It's not about regulatory. It's about enforcement. You DO know the
difference, don't you?

It's a way of saying it's annoying to answer a W1 calling CQ cuz you
need
New England states for WAS only to find out he's in Los Angeles.

FCC doesn't regulate WAS, so they don't impose WAS requirements on the
call sign structure.

Your example is pretty contrived anyhow, because there are several
states in "1-land", so unless you need every one of them, a quick check
of your callboook would have revealed he's in Sacremento.

It's not contrived.

There's are numerous letters in QST over the past few years (and I must
assume even more who haven't written) lamenting the same thing.

I guess it's no problem when you are running a full gallon and have the
Internet right there at the operating position, Hans. Not everyone is so
blessed with accessories and horsepower.

Steve, K4YZ