Old December 6th 04, 10:43 PM
KØHB

"Dee D. Flint" wrote

I've been thinking about trying to set one up. What's the details on yours
(length of vertical section, length of horizontal section, height above
ground, feedline, etc.)?

My overall length is 158 feet. The vertical section is 65 feet, and the
horizontal is 93. This is somewhat longer than the 'classic quarter' design,
but seems to work better for me. Rather than think of it as a quarter wave
antenna, I visualize it as a very short toploaded vertical. I feed with 50-ohm
coax, and a small variable series matching capacitor (I think it's around
400-100pf). My counterpoise is 8 random length radials, plus four 10-foot
copperclad ground rods.

73, de Hans, K0HB