Old December 12th 04, 08:51 PM
JAMES HAMPTON

"Casey" wrote in message

Oh how the tales of "I was a one-of-a-kind" super hero grow more
exotic and more exaggerated as the years pass and the number of
brown bottles consumed down at the Legion Hall grows. Do join Hans
down at the Legion Hall. Friday nite Happy Hour awards are given for
who can spin most incredible sea story.
ROTFLMAO! You old farts need to get a life!

Oh, but I *do* have a life. I never joined any of the groups such as you
mention. I'm too busy moderating several groups (electronics, computers,
medical) and repairing computers. I always get a chuckle out of the folks
who think I'm over the hill. My neighbor is a good example. I cleaned her
computer up once, partitioned the hard drive, set the programs back up,
added a firewall and anti-virus. A while later, she had another problem
and took it to a "tech".

She called me a couple of months later. She's on cable (roadrunner).
Broadband. Seems the tech took out the partition and did *not* re-install
the firewall nor antivirus. Not particularly smart. That mess took me a
couple of trips over and required application of three different programs
(plus a manual edit of the registry).

She told me over a month that she had "improved" her pc. Guess what? A
swiped copy of WinXP. LOL. I told her what to expect. I didn't mention
that I was going to be too busy to help her this time, but I think she got
the message. I haven't heard from her and I'm certain that XP has locked up
by now.

ROTFLMAO!!

Meanwhile, I've responded to a couple of posts and now going to check the
other groups, clean the hard drive, defrag, and call it a day (for a couple
of hours).

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA