Old December 16th 04, 12:50 PM

N2EY wrote:
In article . com,

"K4YZ"
writes:

"The Shrub"...?!?!

Yes.

If it's OK to call President Clinton "Slick Willy", then it's also OK

to call
President Bush "the shrub".

"April Fool's Joke"...?!?!

Hans, you're an idiot or an Al-Queda supporter.

I don't think he's either.

How do I know this?

Because ONLY an idiot or an Al-Queda supporter could suggest that
making it difficult for terrorists to use our own systems against us

is
an "April Fool's Joke".

Why are we so dependent on such systems in the first place?

BTW...I correct my earlier statement about Slick Willy making the
GPS net available in "93 or 94"...that was when he initially

suggested
it. It became effective in 2000. It was discussed in Flying

magazine
as early and the late 80's.

None-the-less, the idea of being able to inhibit or completely
disable the system is STILL not new, and I for one hope they DO keep
the reigns on it! It was an error to let it loose in the first

place.

You mean "reins"?

IIRC, the inhibition was turned off before Gulf War 1 and simply left

turned
off.

Had to do with inhibiting high-accuracy commercial applications like
surveying and precison aircarft navigation AND the competition. The
Russians have their own GPS system and the Euros are developing yet
another one. Down the road the most accurate of the three systems is
where the traffic will go and there's big bucks at stake in that.
w3rv

73 de Jim, N2EY