Old December 17th 04, 02:49 AM
Steve Robeson K4YZ

Subject: OOOpppss! You stepped in it again, Steve!
From: "JAMES HAMPTON"
Date: 12/16/2004 6:58 PM Central Standard Time

If a gas station owner decides to protect himself against a potential robber
by hooking dynamite up to his gas pumps, I might consider the idea not to be
a particularly sound one.

I think Hans is pointing out that turning off GPS might not be the best idea
in the world.

Jim, I am as likely to use an analogy as anyone else, but I'm having a
real hard time following your gas pumps-dynamite one....

I believe that option was being looked at as a last resort. I doubt that
would be used for terrorists.

Of course it was a "last resort". Although they didn't use those words in
the article, I thought it pretty well stated that this was NOT a "first line"
option.

Hans' attempt to ridicule the President made it sound as if President Bush
was ready to throw the switch at any moment.

In case no one noticed, Russia is building up
ICBMs designed to defeat any anti-ballistic missiles the U.S. puts on-line.

I am sure they are. And we'll spend money to defeat that...They'll
counter that...We'll come up with a new "stealth" technology, then they'll copy
it, etc, etc etc.....

You should realize that we have been invading countries with missiles that
can contain a nuclear warhead. Other countries (including Russia) are not
missing that fact. Should satellites or radar reveal a *lot* of launches,
it just might be a good idea to turn off the GPS. It might not save
Washington, but it would probably save Bush's bunker. Other than that, the
idea of turning off GPS does not strike me as particularly sound.

In the matter of a military first strike by Russia or any other soverign
nation, no, GPS probably wouldn't matter.

Pope Bush ... er, excuse me, President Bush, has not exactly enamoured
himself nor the United States to most of the civilized (or less civilized)
world. Bush certainly is not an idiot; he's got a lot of folks convinced
that he is right. I find it fascinating that blame for the deficit seems to
be pointing everywhere except where it belongs - right at the White House.

You...me...Joe Average Citizen is responsible for the deficit, Jim.

We buy the Nissan's, Kia's, and cheap clothes at Wal-Mart.

We buy the DVD players manufactured in China or Korea, the shoes made in
Malaysia, and the furniture from Denmark.

Wanna stop a lot of the "deficit"...??? Stop the export of welfare money
to 3rd world countries who divert the monies from food to weapons...Stop buying
the above mentioned items in favor of higher priced American made items...

I also love how he lauds the men and women of the U.S. military - and both
federal funding for the V.A. drop every year. So, your boy in the White
House says one thing and then does another.

"My boy" is not the one solely responsible for that, Jim. A review of
federal spending on benefit programs going back 3 decades will show otherwise.
They were cutting VA funds before I made Sergeant in 77...

Actions speak louder than words.

Yes they do.

Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman and that he'd track
down Osama bin Laden and others responsible for the WTC and USS Cole bombings.

He lied. The price was even more American lives lost due to
camel-fornicationg terrorists, and a complete humiliation of the Office of the
Presidency.

G W Bush said that Al-Queda was going to pay a price for it's treatchery
in NYC.

He kept his word. Yes, American lives have been lost in combat, but the
one thing the "rest" of the world does NOT do anymore is doubt the word of the
American President if he says he's going to do something, whether they like
what he's saying or not.

So you are quite right...Actions DO speak louder than words. I can
tolerate G W stating his case, making a decison, and then taking the heat for
mistakes. Bill Clinton is STILL lying about Monica Lewinsky and every other
controversy he got himself into in the White House despite evidence to the
contrary...

And to top it off, he AND his wife, now Senator from New York, tried to
make off with thousands of dollars of property from the White House when they
left and were forced to return it. And what is she doing now...?!?! "Testing
the waters" for a run at the White House herself.

73

Steve, K4YZ