Old December 18th 04, 06:28 PM
Dee Flint

"G. Doughty" wrote in message
news:4oYwd.6127$sf5.854@lakeread05...
Good Morning,
Just looking through the Dec. QST and looking at some of the special
events
and contests. As I have never done a contest, I am lost. I am interested
in the cw side of the lighthouse event but don't know what a "serial
number"
is that they want as part of the QSO. I am also unfamiliar with the
etiquette of contesting. Also, I am only sending and receiving 15wpm so I
can't keep up with half of the OM (and OL) that are sending so I can't
figure out what the etiquette is that way. I really would like to
participate in these events as practice makes perfect, but do not want to
step on anyone's toes.

As always thanks for the suggestions!

G. Doughty
ki4bbl

Generally they will slow down to the speed at which you contact them. If
they do not, send QRS. If 15wpm is your comfort speed, you can even send
QRS 15 so they know what you need.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE