Old December 18th 04, 11:43 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Subject: Mode/Band Use in 1961
From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 12/16/2004 7:00 PM Central Standard Time

In fact, there was NO ARRL and NONE of the amateur radio
enthusiasts were legal! [NO radio regulating agency active in
the USA in 1911]

And no "Len Anderson" was active in 1911, antagonizing and telling

those
radio enthusiasts then (who WERE legal, Lennie...sorry...) how to go about
doing what they were doing.

Lessee, if he was around back then........ He would probably have been
a civil war vet.

"He" was actually a Korean War veteran, serving actively from 1952 to 1956.

When did Coslo ever serve in ANY military?

And he would have been a member of the Military telegraph service.
Could tell all those radio Ops about real telagraphy.....

For its time, that would be true...but that is supposition by the Avenging
Angle, the hero of "seven hostile actions" along with his lil buddy,
the Amateur Balloonist.

The U.S. Army Signal Corps ran the land force military telegraphy
"service" plus a lot of other communications tasks in the Army. I was
in the Signal Corps, United States Army.

The Morse-Vail Telegraph System debuted in 1844, Baltimore to Washington
DC. The U.S. Civil War did not start until 1861, seventeen years later.
There
was NO "radio" communications until 1896, 52 years after the first Morse-
Vail Telegraph service opened.

hehe, I like that!

Coslo has never served in any military. In fact, he has NOT served in ANY
"radio operator" capacity other than as an AMATEUR, a hobbyist, a
dilletante in the communications world making big noises like he was an
"operator" of high caliber. "High caliber?" No, not even shooting blanks.

It's worse with the Avenging Angle, that obtuse angle (never right), who
never worked any military communications and couldn't even make it to
military pilot despite having (allegedly) a private pilot's license since
before his military service. Wow, talk about losers!

Tsk, tsk. I'm not going to tell you anything about the U.S. Civil War
despite my late father-in-law's personal study of it nor my own reading
of the official histories of the U.S. Army Signal Corps written by the
U.S. Army Times, nor of official documents written by Signalmen of
the U.S. Army in other official and recognized documents. Do not
worry. Depend on the publishers at Newington to tell you ALL about
"radio" (at least that much they care to tell you).

You don't have to pay any attention to REAL radio operators and
maintainers who were in REAL HF worldwide communications as I was
a half century ago...nor of those government and private sector radio
operations where I was also in the following half century. All you need
to know is what Newington cares to tell you and, above all else, love
honor and cherish morse code, that imaginary paragon of "radio
operating skill" among AMATEURS.

Keep all those wonderful skills and operating standards of
amateurism alive and well long past their usefulness so that you will
finally be part of an "in group" of morsemen. Be ready for that "big
one" where you can brag about saving the world through morsemanship.

Now, one last time, how do you "serve" your country in those "other
ways" you claim? Neither you nor the Nun of the Above have answered
that question challenge on your respective claims...

did dit