Old December 19th 04, 07:43 PM
N2EY

In article , "Kim"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message

Is that wrong? This President is arrogant, Self-righteous and way too full
of himself. When questioned about mistakes made during his first term, he
couldn't think of any except perhaps a few people he appointed. Talk about
passing the buck!

Scariest part is - he was serious.

Hallelujah Jim...I wholeheartedly agree where our current President is
concerned. He's a back-street punk born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Never thought of it that way, Kim, but you do have a point.

I would also point out the ludicracy of any one of us accusing the other of
being an Al-Quaeda supporter, a supporter of terrorism, an anti-American, or
whatever "cutsey" term has popped up from all this crap that is now going on
in this country.

Perhaps we need a rewrite of Godwin's law on that...

I am appalled, and moreover cannot fathom that it has
gotten to that in this country.

It's called "fear" and "polarization".

Basically it comes down to folks wanting to oversimplify complex problems into
simple "it's those bad guys over there!" situations.

Osama Bin Laden wins EVERY TIME we, as
United States citizens, let ourselves be like that. Of course, Osama Bin
Laden won this war long ago.

I think it depends on what you mean by winning. But consider this:

- One of the things that most incensed the AQ and OBL was the presence of so
many infidels, particularly soldiers, in their sacred land. Even after Gulf War
1 was over, many of them stayed in SA. But after 9-11, almost all of them were
moved to other bases, outside that country. While Gulf War 1 was staged from
there, Gulf War II wasn't. There may still be a few still stationed in SA, but
they're training SA troops only.

- In some ways SH was a unique leader in that part of the world. While
nominally a Muslim, he operated in a secular manner, giving little heed to what
clerics said. He allowed Christians and even Jews to live in his country, and
had at least one Christian as a trusted, close advisor. His loyalites were
based more on ethnicity and ideology than religion. Because of all this, OBL &
Co. detested him almost as much as the foreigners, and wanted him out of power.
And for the same reasons, SH would never aid any terror folks. So when the
foreign infidels toppled SH, they helped OBL achieve a goal. Now that country
has become a recruiting and training ground for insurgent groups....

----

btw, Kim, I was taken aback by your use of the word "ludicracy" because there's
no such word in any of the dictionaries I have. They do have the word
"ludicrousness", which I thought is what you meant - at first.

But upon some reflection, it occurred to me that you've invented a new word
that is sorely needed. I see "ludicracy" being a combination of "ludicrousness"
and "lunacy", meaning something that is not only ridiculous but also crazy.
Which fits your use of the word perfectly.

73 de Jim, N2EY