Old March 3rd 04, 02:18 AM
alhearn

I've just purchased an MP-1, based on doing considerable research. I
need a portable antenna that is capable of operation in hotel rooms
and outside locations with limited space. I like its mechanical
sturdiness, its clean operation, and its small break-down size.

What must be realized about any short verticle antenna such as the
MP-1 is that it is inherently inefficient. More RF energy is lost in
the loading coil and ground system (counterpoise) than is radiated.
However, it WILL provide contacts, although much more limited than a
full-sized antenna. That's a compromise that is perectly acceptable to
me when operating portable.

Al

Yves Dussault wrote in message . ..
Any of you has used the MP-1 antenna?