Old December 22nd 04, 08:45 PM
JAMES HAMPTON

Hello, Phil

I notice that the broadcast giants are getting right into line with the
administration.

Just for grins, I looked up the *big* newsmakers.

From ABC news:
1) Mosul attack was suicide bomber
(ok, sounds like news)
2) Duct tape fashions
(huh? Run that by me again? *Top* news?)

Top science news:
1) Site of Jesus' miracle said to be found
2) New forest plan would lessen restraints.
(hmmm ... how'd that get by, unless it has been "spun" properly?)

Censorship doesn't seem at work here; but fear might.

I've been bookmarking news sites in Australia and England. I don't worry
about the BBC or Voice of America HF broadcasts as many have left the
airwaves and BPL will likely take out the rest.

I'm hoping that some of these news sites (not from the middle east, of
course - I'm talking Australia and England with a *perhaps* on Canada) don't
suddenly "disappear" due to "technical difficulties" ....

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
news.com...
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:11:04 -0600, Todd Daugherty wrote:

I hear all this crap about K1MAN violating the FCC rules but the FCC
violates their own rules..

Sec. 326. - Censorship

Nothing in this chapter shall be understood or construed to give the
Commission the power of censorship over the radio communications or

signals
transmitted by any radio station, and no regulation or condition shall be
promulgated or fixed by the Commission which shall interfere with the

right
of free speech by means of radio communication

(a) it's not an FCC rule and is open to court interpretation.

(b) look up the case law based on that section and see why there is
no "free spech" right in an amateur license.

--
Phil Kane