Old December 23rd 04, 05:28 AM
KØHB

"Steve Robeson K4YZ" wrote

Too bad he got the largest popular vote of any president ever, huh...???

Even loser Kerry got more popular votes than any previous president in history,
by a huge margin! So what?

The popular vote is meaningless, otherwise Al ("I invented the internet") Gore
would be President today.

Shrub took 2.4% more votes than his leading opponent. I'm not very
impressed --- it pales by comparison to the 18.2% trouncing that Ronnie Reagan
laid on Jimmy Carter in 1984.

In fact, ignoring his popular-vote loss in 2004, the 2.4% margin is the
narrowest win going back all the way to 1976 when Jimmy Carter won by a similar
narrow margin over Gerald Ford.

Too bad, indeed!

3s, de Hans, K0HB