Old December 24th 04, 06:53 PM
JAMES HAMPTON

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
ganews.com...
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:43:17 -0500, JAMES HAMPTON wrote:

Of course, one never knows. We just had a nurse's aide arrested for
impersonating a *registered* nurse. She had worked for several *years*
without being caught.

One of the first questions on the Bar Admission form in most if not
all states is whether you have ever been prosecuted for the unlicensed
practice of law (which includes giving legal opinions and

interpretations
to others).

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Hello, Phil

I am active in a number of groups. One medical and another few radio
groups.

Invariably, if someone is really worried about a problem, the best advice is
to seek someone out who is an expert. If blood sugars are running way too
high, see your doctor. Immediately.

If one is putting up a tower and is in the country and the tower is not
located near the house, you can likely get a foundation recommended by the
tower manufacturer and guy it per recommendation. If, however, you are
located in a village, city, or suburb .... you'd best get the proper
permits, hire a lawyer, and a construction firm that has extensive
experience in towers, high street lighting, signal poles, or relevant
experience in supporting structures that must withstand high winds.

I am *not* a lawyer, but in such a situation, I'd suspect I'd want to cover
my rear end with boiler plate and be able to show proof that the
installation is guaranteed, by someone other than myself, for winds higher
than have ever existed in the area.

As they often say, "get it in writing". I'd be nervous about handing out
any recommendations in a professional area in any case; on the Internet, it
is tantamount to suicide

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA
ps - how has your weather been? Crazy like a lot or not?