Old December 24th 04, 07:38 PM
JAMES HAMPTON

Default 3rd party agreement question

Hi gang!

I just had an interesting question pop into my head; one to which I have no
answer.

I have a couple of friends in British Columbia. Both are licensed hams and
I've left messages for one of them with his father (the other licensed ham)
as he is not within repeater contact.

I noticed our agreement with England includes only special event stations.
Should I have two friends in England and both were amateur radio operators,
could I legally ask for one to pass a message to the other to meet on a
particular repeater? This would *not* be with a special event station.
Would passing traffic through a ham to another ham be considered 3rd party?

No, I'm not trying it, I'm just curious as to what would constitute 3rd
party traffic.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA