Old December 28th 04, 09:20 PM
Bert Craig

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
ganews.com...
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:00:43 -0600, Todd Daugherty wrote:

United States Code are also part of the FCC rules

You get ZERO on the first exam in Legal Research. U S Code contains
statutes passed by The Congress. The FCC Rules, part of the Code
of Federal Regulations, are regulations promulgated by the Commission.

Go and learn.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

I don't understand why the animosity, to the point of profanity, towards
Phil? He has a very thorough working knowledge of the legal system,
particularly as it relates to FCC rules/regs and communications.

Somehow, I don't believe it's Phil at all, although his delivery may rub
some the wrong way. Phil is merely the messenger re. FCC rules/regs and is
nice enough to take some of his recreational time to share some of his
knowledge with us.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm no big fan of the FCC and rank them right up
there with the IRS as an entity that is not truly accountable to "we the
people." (Despite Phil's explanation of how they are appointed by *this* who
is appointed by *that* who ultimately derives their lawmaking powers from
*the other.*) The "this, that and the other" way of making laws where a
$21,000.00 sentence can be handed down while putting the onus on the accused
to prove themselves innocent (From a 1934 Act, I might add.) before a
administrative judge borders on the obscene. But until someone has the
stones (...and the discretionary means.) to challenge that process...that's
the way it is. (I guess I'm just a good old "checks and balances" kind of
guy.) This likely means never.

I for one thank Phil for sharing the results of his vast experience and his
relationship with the FCC with us. If he didn't care, he would simply say
nothing...and we would remain ignorant.

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI