Old March 3rd 04, 06:16 PM
KA9CAR

I had a loop that was about 200 feet, and it was triangular.

The only reason I took it down was that the way my trees had grown it was
getting tangled on a regular basis.

Fed it with 300 ohm tv line. Several different tuners WITHOUT a balun
worked fine on the loop. I also used a Balanced (Johnson matchbox) tuner on
the loop with good results.

John
KA9CAR

"KC1DI" wrote in message
On 03 Mar 2004 06:35:41 GMT, ospam
(Theplanters95) wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking for my "perfect antenna". It should work on 75m-6m, with

NVIS on
75m & 40m and good DX for 20m and above. Above all it must fit in my

backyard
which is 34 by 50 feet. The use of a tuner and/or balanced line is fine.

By perfect, I mean an antenna that gets the RF out (reasonable efficiency

as a
percentage).

At first, I considered a random loop of 34 ft by 50 ft, at about 20 to 30

feet
high, with window line, but am having second thoughts.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Randy KA4NMA

Randy ,

I Think the loop would work well for you under the perameters you
mentioned.. it should be good NVIS on 80 & 40 and begin to show low
angle radiation above those bands. you may have to do so work to get
it load well for you on 80m though it's a bit short there..

I've use a 520' Horizontal loop here for number of years with good
results.. it averages about 30' above ground.

73 Dave