Old December 29th 04, 09:44 PM
JAMES HAMPTON

Hello, Phil and Barry

As a kind hearted soul who is willing to assist some folks having
communications difficulties, I have asked a friend of mine in the U.K. for
some assistance.

Here is his reply:
********* start of copied message**********
Hi James and All,

I will willingly help you with your project Jim, just send me what you
want to say in your words and I will convert it to an English style of
your choosing.

I can do you, the Queens English, London Cockney, London North, London
South, not that I have ever been south of the river, Middle England,
West Country or Welsh (real Welsh mind, not Canadian Welsh), LOL.
********* end copy*********

So, if Barry would be so kind to inform us as to what kind of colour should
be applied to our conversation, I shall ask my friend, Bernie, in the U.K.
to translate for us.

With all due regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"Barry OGrady" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:27:19 -0800 (PST), "Phil Kane"

wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:04:32 -0500, Mike Coslo wrote:

The FCC is now allowing unlicensed operation in several bands: 6 GHz, 17
GHz and 24 GHz bands, are you concerned about the impact it will have on
Hams?

How many people here even use the GHz bands?

Are there enough Hams to even justify further use?

They used to say the same thing about the bands above 2 meters.

There are no bands above 2 meters. Where you thinking of two metres?

We lost 220-222 MHz. That isn't important unless all the 2m and 3/4m
frequency pairs are used up. It's getting that way here in Ducktown.

Do you have more repeaters than hams?

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

-Barry
========
"I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held

responsible;
in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
[A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]