Old December 31st 04, 03:22 AM
Mike Coslo

JAMES HAMPTON wrote:

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
. giganews.com...

On 30 Dec 2004 00:00:41 -0800, K4YZ wrote:

Page 109 of the December 27th issue of "TIME" made the statement
that "blogs" "...were a faintly embarrassing hobby on the order of
Ham Radio and stamp collecting".

As both an active ham radio operator and a stamp collector, to
quote George "Kingfish" Stevens: "I resemble that remark".
Good letter - Let 'em have it, Steve.
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

I am always dishartened by the likes of statements found in the Times
article regarding an individuals hobby and/or interests. Sadly, too many
folks subscribe to a common thought process that unless it is golf, tennis
or some other main-stream thing pursued by many, then folks
that do things like amateur radio, stamp collecting, antique car
restoration,
model railroading, etc.are viewed as kooks.

I don't push my interests on anyone, but I do get steamed when folks
denigrate interests they don't share.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Hello, Bill

You must remember that golf is important. It is popular with the upper
echelons of corporations. It is there you learn to shave strokes off you
score. These lessons can be applied in corporate America. Corporations
such as Enron and others

But one must have little balls to play the game........