Old January 1st 05, 01:48 AM
Kim

"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike said: """Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Brian."""

Reeaally???

"""We wouldn't have anywhere near as much fun if we could only give
opinions on what we have personal experience in! 8^)"""

Then lotsa people on RRAP owe Len Anderson an apology.

When I see those apologies, I'll stop pointing out that "true blue" Jim
has never served his country in any capacity, yet has availed himself
to the finest education and standard of living in a system where the
freedom to do so were paid for with the blood of other people's sons.
Happy New Year.

So...wait just a minute. Are you saying that anyone who does not serve his
country in any capacity (you'd have to define in any capacity, by the way)
is not supposed to live in the United States? Because, in the United States
we--regardless of *military* service to the country or not--DO avail
ourselves of whatever is available, be that a good education, a good job, a
good doctor, a good teacher, a good whatever.

That the freedoms we enjoy are here, because of the military service of
others, is greatly appreciated by most--there are those that are just plain
idiots (and Jim is not one of them). And, to read your comment above
without having paid attention to this thread, seems to say that anyone who
doesn't meet your standards of service should just roll up and die? Surely
I am mistaken in my interpretation of your comment, above.

Kim W5TIT