Old January 2nd 05, 04:59 PM
Kim

"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

Kim wrote:
"bb" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike said: """Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Brian."""

Reeaally???

"""We wouldn't have anywhere near as much fun if we could only give
opinions on what we have personal experience in! 8^)"""

Then lotsa people on RRAP owe Len Anderson an apology.

When I see those apologies, I'll stop pointing out that "true blue"

Jim
has never served his country in any capacity, yet has availed himself
to the finest education and standard of living in a system where the
freedom to do so were paid for with the blood of other people's sons.
Happy New Year.

So...wait just a minute. Are you saying that anyone who does not serve

his
country in any capacity (you'd have to define in any capacity, by the

way)
is not supposed to live in the United States?

***That isn't what I said, but do you argue that I'm not entitled to my
own opinion?***

Anyone is entitled to their opinion, and I deny no one that. However, in
general, one cannot expect to express things without discourse on them. So,
if you are taking offense that I would seek clarification for what you are
saying, then to add or disagree with it--then you're offense is duly noted.

Because, in the United States

Is Kim going to tell ---me--- about America???

Please allow me to assume the position.

You really do seem rather argumentative. And, in my opinion (may Kim tell
you about Kim, even?) to assume an argumentative (if not rather childish)
position (or, perhaps that is not what you meant by "position") leads me to
believe that this reply-post is an exercise in futility.

we--regardless of *military* service to the country or not--DO avail
ourselves of whatever is available, be that a good education, a good

job, a
good doctor, a good teacher, a good whatever.

Indeed many do.

They take and they take, good whatever.

Good everythig!!!

Do you count yourself among those???

What in the world do you mean, "among those"? I seek good everything and
anything. What do you want me to do? Strive to be a failure?! Your
question is startling.

That the freedoms we enjoy are here, because of the military service

of
others, is greatly appreciated by most--

Huge, huge appreciations. Yellow magnet ribbons and all....

Is your comment somewhat resentful of the ribbons, moreover the sentiment to
support our troops?! Again, your startling.

there are those that are just plain
idiots (and Jim is not one of them).

Why do you say that Jim is not?

Oh, wait. Let me communicate back to you the same way you communicated to
me: are you saying I am not entitled to my opinion? Hey, you opened that
friggin' door, now close it.

As a matteer of fact, I think Jim IS one of the idiots.

Oh, and here, let me demonstrate how much more human I am capable of being
than you: You are entitled to your opinion about Jim--or anyone else. BUT,
I do not share your opinion.

And, to read your comment above
without having paid attention to this thread, seems to say that

anyone who
doesn't meet your standards of service should just roll up and die?

If you like you can read it that way.

Well, I don't "like" to think that anyone would believe like that. There
are those who serve their nation through military means, there are those
that support them in any and every way they can; there are those who remain
here at home and help their families; there are those who go to their jobs
every day to keep the inner-workings (and the reason for living in such a
wonderful country, by the way) moving; there are those who serve their
nation politically; and,

then, there are those who sponge off any opportunity, until it all dries up.
For anyone to have a scholarship in this country, they had to meet
criteria--set forth by the governing body of that scholarship. For anyone
to have availed themselves of any oppportunity to get as top-notch an
education, or as top-notch an opportunity, as they could possibly get is for
them to have participated in their own destiny, rather than letting things
just happen to them. I don't think you're capable of understanding where it
is I would go with this...so I'll not bother.

But that is not what I meant. Meanwhile, Len, who has served is
supposed to roll up and die.

Why is that???

Surely
I am mistaken in my interpretation of your comment, above.

Kim W5TIT

To be -perfectly- clear, I think Jim is a welfare freeloader to avail
hisself to the freedom to go to USA engineering schools, to avail
hisself to a career in engineering, and then to comment on how bad life
in America is without ***ever*** having done a Goddamned thing to risk
even a split fingernail,

You know what? Screw your ever-loving split fingernail theory. You are one
of those who seem (and note I've said "seem") to be of the opinion that only
those who have served in the United States military are entitled to all the
benefits of HAVING BEEN BORN in the USA. You see? That's all it takes for
entitlement he being born in the USA, or becoming a US citizen (although,
and here's a drift to another thread for you--if you can handle it: there
are those who are NOT from this country who come over here with their little
weenie green cards, suck up what they can from the United States, send it
back home, and then go back home themselves...or go on to becoming a US
citizen but are pretty darned slinky folks...in my opinion).

all the while putting down Len Anderson who
has contributed more to America than a single Jim/N2EY fingernail.
Kim, you did ask.

bb

Uh huh. I did ask. And, you came back with this argument initially
that--paraphrasing--were you not entitled to your opinion. You are
entitled. You are entitled to believe that the ground a military person
walks on is sacred and that no one else is "entitled" to the same benefits
from the United States as a person who has served in the military. You are
entitled to believe that we don't all, in some form or other, contribute to
the integrity, continuance, and strength of the United States--some of us by
just damned getting up out of bed every morning and going to some dorky job
where a damned good portion of our income goes to supporting the military,
and the government, and the "other" people (you know...those who are not
worthy)...

So, yeah. I asked. And, I should have known better...

Kim W5TIT