Old January 3rd 05, 07:19 PM
Lenof21

In article , "JAMES HAMPTON"
writes:

I've had some interesting conversations off group with a number of folks
that get involved with flames. For the most part, they simply deal back
what they were dealt. I think it might be better if we found common ground,
rather than point out differences.

Heh heh...the "common ground" is usually just capitulation to those
which could use the Latin phrase "Primus Inter Pares" as their motto.
["First Among Equals"] :-)

As to license numbers, the regular poster of those uses massaged
data as if the massaging, whether by hisself or others, is somehow
"truth in numbers." Not quite. The raw data is available from the
FCC...if anyone has high-speed interconnection to the 'net to get
their massive files. Several sites provide such raw data, such as
www.hamdata.com. Those numbers don't agree with what the
regular poster posts. Raw data numbers are usually higher than
the massaged numbers. [for self-agitprop purposes, it would be
logical to use the higher number rather than lower]

The rationalizations for using "massaged" data have been and no
doubt will continue to be great. :-)