Old January 9th 05, 08:05 PM
David Stinson

Default The Fate of "Shortwave."

Nope. As soon as the HF users reach a certain level of decline,
the FCC will auction-off the HF band for use in WI-FI local
broadband networking, telling the hams to enjoy "2 meters and down."
Count on it.

tianli wrote:
I don't know about MW, but SW has been a dinoaur in Western countries
for decades now...and I wouldn't have it any other way. That's
precisely what's kept it interesting all these years.

I agree! Less flame-thrower interference also.
Maybe one day we will experience the bands as they were before the cold war
and proliferation of high powered SW transmitters.