Old January 11th 05, 05:08 PM

Mike Coslo wrote:
Leo wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:24:07 -0500, Mike Coslo

wrote:

Leo wrote:

On 09 Jan 2005 04:51:35 GMT, (Lenof21) wrote:

In article , Leo

writes:

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:36:59 -0800 (PST), "Phil Kane"
wrote:

On 08 Jan 2005 21:31:53 GMT, N2EY wrote:

Lenof21 wrote:

snip

Some even enter a batch of posts on a variety of subjects,

apparently
hoping to get sonething on the hook.......what's the word for that
again...?

To imagine anyone on Usenet would do that. 8^)

.....found it - "Trolling" - that's the word I was looking for!

Here is a bit of a question. I had started a number of these threads

recently in order to get some newsgroup related activities going,
because in December the group simply was losing ground to the wild

and
whacky adventures of some West Virginia hams, and some others of
indeterminate origin, but of the sort to turn us into a clone of
r.r.a.misc. So far, It has had its intended effect, to get some
discussion going.

So was that a troll?

Not that I can see.

snip

Note: All those wonderful braggarts are PCTA extra.

Is one of them Mike Deignan? If so, Len is wrong *again*,
because ol' Mike was/is for the elimination of the Morse Code test.

At least that's what he wrote in his comments to the FCC.

They can say
anything, write anything, do anything in here and are absolved

from ANY
criticism. Should they be taken to task, the task-taker is

soundly
objected to with endearing personal perjoratives having little

to do with
the subject.

Ipso facto, with a few exceptions - there are several OMs here who

are
quite civil, knowledgeable and conversational, and do not possess

the
NetNanny gene.....

Len obviously isn't one of them ;-)

It's a plain simple fact that all NCTA in here are always wrong,

no matter
what they write on anything. No one who is of the NCTA

persuasion
should bother debating the subject in here. The matter is

closed and all
NCTA are forever wrong, incorrect, and probably have underarm

odor.

.....and skinned knuckles!

Here's a challenge, Leo, if you're up to it.

Name the PCTA's in here (active) that have called NCTA's by such

names.
I'll give you a start:

Steve is pretty famous for name calling.

Great idea! - that would certainly get a nice warm flamefest going,
wouldn't it?

Request respectfully declined.

And since this subthread turned into a Mike and Jim "tag-team"

thing,
where do our names show up in that list? When have I called anyone

nasty name? I don't think Jim ever has either.

note: I will admit the one time I called Len "Lennie". No insult

was
intended, but he didn't like it, so I stopped.

Hmmm - maybe you're one of the exceptions?

Your pal was doing just fine too, until he decided to start using
profanities in his posts.

Do you mean me, Leo?

If so - when have I called Len a nasty name? Or anyone else here?
Specific instances, please.

To claim that another is speaking
"bull$#!+" is to directly infer that they are a "bull$#!+ter".

Actually it would be "to imply". The listener/reader draws the
inference.

I admit, that was a bit odd. I'm known to drop the very occasional

off
colored word, but only for effect.

"Sometimes the pool-pah defies the efforts to describe it".

I think if you compare the nasty names Len has called me, with the
names I have
called him, you will see a distinct contrast. Unless you consider "Len"
and "Mr. Anderson" to be nasty names.

Acgeed that this example does not meet your specification of "PCTA

vs
NCTA", but as I said earlier it's more about personalities than it

is
about affiliation.

And character.

Well sure.

Some people take the correction of their mistakes as an insult. I
don't.

73 de Jim, N2EY