Old March 4th 04, 04:34 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

gwatts verbositized:

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. wrote:
ospam (Theplanters95) verbositized:

I have a all copper J-pole antenna. What is the best method to mount it? Can
the bottom piece (below the connector) be connected to a tv mast with clamps?

Yes, or stuck right onto the top of the mast!

Or make the bottom piece 4 feet long and attach it to your bumper with a
floor flange. Worked great until that low drive thru :-O

Hmmmmmmmmm, I had a multi-band J-Pole mounted to my trunk deck for
years and never had a problem with it. AND it was all copper! Except
for the mounting flange which was brass using brass bolts and nuts.
And on the other side of the trunk I had a home brew Saturn V halo for
6-meters, now talk about something that could rip sheet metal apart,
that was the baby that could do it!
There was NO room on the bumper for anything else, it already had 6
whips chained to it. Looked like a picket fence with a basketball
hoop on it cruising on down the road!

TTUL
Gary