Old January 13th 05, 08:48 PM
Len Over 21

In article , "Kim"
writes:

Uh huh. I did ask. And, you came back with this argument initially
that--paraphrasing--were you not entitled to your opinion. You are
entitled.

Incorrect. Brian Burke was specifically talking about those in
here who belong to the "PCTA extra" persuasion and who
continually try to put those who are against the morse code test.

Those "PCTA extras" persist in claiming turf on who should
direct EVERYTHING about U.S. amateur radio - including all
federal regulations thereof - just because of tenure as an
amateur or because they feel they "own" the hobby and are
somehow "entititled" to be of the noble calling of amateurism.

PCTA extras imply they are "superior" about everything and
are busy trying to shove out the NCTAs from this newsgroup.

You are entitled to believe that the ground a military person
walks on is sacred and that no one else is "entitled" to the same benefits
from the United States as a person who has served in the military.

You are off on your own fantasy there. Brian Burke served in the
USAF, overseas. I served in the US Army, also overseas, and
specifically in radio communications. It is safe to say that we are
both proud of serving our country.

What has grown into this overlong thread is a bunch of NON-
servers who imply that they are "superior" in all respects to those
of us who served but who are not favoring any morse code test for
U.S. amateur radio licenses. Further, those same NON-servers
imply/claim that Their knowledge of the military and government
is "superior" to Brian and myself.

It gets worse when an ex-serviceman (a PCTA extra) brags of
his "seven hostile actions" yet cannot identify their where or
when, AND has NO claimed experience in any specific radio
communications, AND falsely accuses others of "dishonoring"
their military unit members. That individual has NO displayed
knowledge of military radio communications, networks, or
regulations thereof (see the specious claim that "MARS
IS amateur radio" instead of the Department of Defense).

On top of that this individual continually uses Yiddish pejoratives
as personal insults despite having no knowledge of Yiddish nor
of central European languages.

You are
entitled to believe that we don't all, in some form or other, contribute to
the integrity, continuance, and strength of the United States--some of us by
just damned getting up out of bed every morning and going to some dorky job
where a damned good portion of our income goes to supporting the military,
and the government, and the "other" people (you know...those who are not
worthy)...

Well, you claim, solely by birthright, that you are "entitled" to MORE
than those of us who spent years in the military, serving our country
the best way we could? All because you did NOT serve yourself?

That's a remarkable claim of "citizenship" which you wear. It is not
an article that I wish to put on at any time.

About the only thing that can be said about the extreme polarization
in here is that the PCTA extras must certainly believe they are so
damned "superior" in radio BECAUSE they took and passed a
civilian amateur radio morse code test. Yes, that's the ticket.
Moresemen are always "superior." They say so all the time. All
others must bow down to them. They are royalty.

But, they are still AMATEURS in radio. Try to remember that.

Even when those PCTA extras expound on socio-political issues
that don't even come close to U.S. amateur radio or its policy,
they remain superior and aloof to all NCTA.

So, yeah. I asked. And, I should have known better...

Quite true.

But, you have aligned yourself with the PCTA extra mob in here.
As a friendly suggestion, wear some armor next time and the
severity of newsgroup wounds won't cause so much apparent
psychological trauma.