Old March 4th 04, 07:43 PM
Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE

Dave wrote:

wrote in message

In other words, do it right, weld it all together and there is no problem.

OH NO! don't say that! but i guess its too late, the weld vs tie argument
is probably already off and running.

If you search through the archives, you will find the references from
reputable sources (i.e. manufacturers and engineers that do it for a living
as opposed to Joe from Peach Pit GA) that say the weld prevents (relative)
high resistance hot spots from occurring.

We have a 100' free standing tower. The J-bolts are welded to the
rebar and the tower is also grounded with an additional ground
system. The tower takes a LOT of direct hits. Up to now we had
neither problem with the concrete base nor with the equipment.
All antennas are grounded too, of course.
Does this count as anecdotal evidence?

Kind regards, Eike from the land of lightning