Old March 4th 04, 08:46 PM
aunwin

This is silly......... and you can't blame this on web tv.

Not one answer to any of the questions that anybody can hang their hat on!,
Just talking out loud from a book that fell open at a page. When are you
going to make some sense with your responses, most of us know and use the
formulas that you keep regurgitating but only when they are relavent.

Did your posting get cut short and the answers destroyed or did you forget
why you are posting?

There are three simple questions only. Simple answers should
suffice............. if........ you know your stuff.
If you find the answers to the simple questions in a book then please let me
know and I can read it in context for myself and I will thank you..

When Johny Carson gave the answers first on his show and one then had to
find a suitable question for it it was funny first time around only, so you
should quit doing it.
If you don't know the answers then it O.K. you don't have to respond if you
don't know, certainly better than verbal diarrea.
Art

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
Art KB9MZ wrote:
"Why must only series circuits be considered for radiators?"

It is convenient to follow custom.

Art also wrote:
"What is it about parallel circuits that make them unsuitable?"

We are more familiar with impedance than admittance in most cases due to
our instruction.

A parallel resonsant circuit is a high impedance (low admittance).
A series resonant circuit is a low impedance (high admittance).

For a parallel circuit, Q=R/X.
For a series circuit, Q=X/R.

The series circuit has its equivalent parallel circuit.
The parallel circuit has its equivalent series circuit.
The mathematical conversion from one to the other is simple and shown in
my 19th edition of the ARRL Antenna Book on page 24-12.
(By coincidence the action of 1//4-wave and 1/2-wave transmission line
sections is shown on the next page, 24-13) Commentors on using a
1/2-wave of foreign line inserted in a 50-ohm system, and what the ITT
Handbook says should consult the Antenna Book or some other book that
not only gives you the basic information but also tells you how to use
the information.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI