Old July 18th 03, 11:15 PM
ChrisCoaster

Default BEST sounding FM stations in your area

Criteria are good dynamic range(not over-compressing), limited or no
use of EQ and special fx(echo, verb, stereo expanders).

I'm in Stamford, CT, so the best sounding stations I pick up are 95.1
WRKI up in Brookfield, CT, 96.3WQXR classical - NYC, 99.1 PLR in New
Haven, Q104.3 from NYC, and 106.7light FM, Lon GIsland.

The above stations prove that FM can sound good, and they also play
their music at the correct speed, in stereo, and without editing out
good bridges and solos from songs. Their volume is a little softer
than, say, Z100 or KTU, because they don't compress near as much as
those two stations. But their true fidelity makes them worth cranking
up.

-CC