Old July 23rd 03, 04:03 PM
Rich Wood

On 23 Jul 2003 01:22:44 GMT, (WBRW) wrote:

But yet,
the nation's #1 music format, Country, does not exist on the air
within 50 miles of NYC. Yes, yes, yes, people say that there simply
aren't that many country music fans within the City itself, and
they're correct -- but any decent NYC-area signal will cover plenty of
the surrounding suburban areas were there *are* many country fans.

I don't believe they're correct. WYNY had some pretty decent numbers
as a Country station, if I remember correctly. I think there's a great
opportunity for Country here. I believe it's a sales and ego problem.
If I owned WLIE on Long Island it would go country in a heartbeat.

If you were to see a man on the street patting his male companion on
the butt, what would you think? If you saw one of them bent over with
the other with his hands between his companion's legs, what would you
think? There are no women around. Yet we spend billions to watch
allegedly heterosexual men do the same thing on TV.

Umm... not that I disagree with you, but what does this have to do
with radio?

However, since you got me thinking, could this be the reason why
soccer has never been popular in America... because it's not
homoerotic enough? :-)

I really has more to do with TV. Actually, Soccer is very homoerotic.
They wear skimpy shorts and often get them pulled down during play.
Soccer players seem more physically comfortable with each other than
American players. They don't seem to care what anybody thinks.

Lately, it seems American players have to abuse or rape women to show
their heteroseuality. I was going to say manhood but real men don't
rape women..

Rich