Old August 5th 03, 08:37 PM
ketalar

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:56:29 GMT, Richard Clark wrote:

Odd no one has actually answered your question.

- Maybe my poor english...

However, it pretty much depends on the physical dimensions of the
window frame (does the sash present a moving short across it?) before
a solid value would work. You also suffer a potential problem of it
pointing the wrong way to serve your needs (how would you tune it, if
it didn't hear anything?). Also, where you put the Gamma match would
also affect how it tuned up.

- No sash windows here in France ; they open (and close) like doors.
The window size is abt 0.90 * 1.60 (metres), which makes a gross 1.7 wave,
not so far from a 2 wavelenghts closed loop, like a square in a circle...
I suppose I could try to space my croc clips a quarter wave apart ??

Another point, if you just made the match a little longer, threw away
the capacitor, and screwed it to the wall instead; then it would
probably do just as well.
Hint: you may solve your problem more with height (put a simple
dipole up higher) than with tuning.

- You mean tap on top of the frame ?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC