Old March 4th 04, 11:25 PM
aunwin

Thank you ,thank you Richard.
I now have something to think about as to why I have been so
misdirected these past few years where everybody knew I was wrong and I have
yet to reason why. That is why I hoped only experts would respond after
seeing the response to Reg on another thread. Get back to you later if I see
the serious difference of thought that exists between myself and others
regarding where and why I am out in 'left field' (Baseball talk Reg).
Hopefully some other experts will contribute with statements that are
specific, to the point and beyond question that may bring to light some
bogies that are messing me up.
Best regards
Art

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:31:40 GMT, "aunwin"
give the pros and cons between a series
circuit and a parallel circuit from which to base a radiator ?

Just to give you a start a series circuit radiator is a dipole.

And we will
say a parallel circuit radiator is one with at least one capacitive

lumped
circuit and one inductive lumped circuit in parallel.

Here is a start
A dipole provides a lot of signals at the same time( good)
A parallel circuit can only supply one signal at a time (bad )
Get the idea?

Hi Art,

A dipole is the most efficient antenna.

The parallel circuit offers loss to an already most efficient antenna.

A dipole is simple to load and often requires no matching.

The parallel circuit is difficult to load and always requires
matching.

A dipole offers a standard of gain.

The parallel circuit offers no change in gain except the prospect of
reducing it through making the antenna smaller to become a resonant
system.

A dipole is a simple construction.

The parallel circuit adds complexity which raises the prospects of
mechanical and electrical failure.

A dipole offers hazardous potentials at its tips.

A parallel circuit double that danger by offering hazardous potentials
at both its tips and its drive point.

A dipole requires isolation/insulation at its tips due to high
potentials.

A parallel circuit requires isolation/insulation at its drive point
AND its tips due to high potentials.

Is that the idea? I presume you can distinguish good/bad.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC