Old August 4th 03, 07:08 AM
news.verizon.net

"Tink *~*~*" wrote in message
I'm a person who only just started to investigate satellite radio,
like, five minutes ago. I'm tired of there being no country station
in the NY-Metro area, and I don't believe in "video killed the radio
star", so I need my radio.

It looks to me, from what I've read thus far, that satellite radio is
only for vehicles, not for the home - is this true? I'd be very
disappointed, as I don't spend a great deal of time in my car.

So, is there (or not) satellite radio for the home?

www.xmradio.com

XM has the Delphi unit that works in your home/car/office etc. They also
have a PCMCIA card for your computer.

Sirius (www.sirius.com) also has a "Plug-n-Play" unit, but I don't hear very
nice things about it.

I've personally experienced both Sirius and XM programming (I have an XM
unit in my 2001 Ford F150).
While I prefer the audio quality of Sirius, I prefer the content variety on
XM. I suggest spending an afternoon at Best Buy and
making a judgement call.

The other thing to consider would be the longevity of the broadcaster. It's
been suggested that Sirius is on some fairly shaky
financial ground. XM seems to have the better shot at actually "making it"
in this economy. Since the radio units aren't cross
compatible, you'd be SOL if you'd purchased a Sirius compatible radio and
then Sirius went the way of DrKoop.com.

Just my two cents,

Jeremy Powell