Old August 6th 03, 03:14 PM
Mike Ward

On 6 Aug 2003 02:26:31 GMT, "Steven J. Sobol"
wrote:

I've never heard of two TV stations in the same market separated by one
position on the dial. I know that for technical reasons, you can't do that
with radio, and I'm trying to figure out how it's being done here.

That's because it's NOT being done here... Dayton's "UPN 44" exists
solely on local cable TV. It just sounds odd, because most
"cable-only" broadcast-style stations aren't as high up as cable
position 44.

44, I believe, started off life as "MVC"... which I believe would
stand for "Miami Valley Cablevision". WHIO-TV - which runs it (Cox, I
think) - only recently started calling it "UPN 44".

Mike