Old August 10th 03, 05:09 PM
Rich Wood

On 8 Aug 2003 22:40:23 GMT, Art Clemons
wrote:

I think you're ignoring the other part of the curve for a broadcaster
and that's the issue of what a broadcaster can earn with a particular
format. The likely reason that country doesn't work in NYC is that
advertisers in NYC don't want to target country music listeners, or
alternatively even though large in number, they're too spread out to
support many small advertisers away from where they regularly travel.

One, I think it's snobbery. Two, much of today's Country doesn't sound
much different than AC. Three, media buyers are younger than most
Boybands and the owners are chicken.

They'd all rather the the 11th
techno-alternative-trance-AC-Urban-Polka station in the market before
taking the Country plunge.

I would bet that if Roseland ( a local concert venue in Manhattan) had
a country night every week we'd have to rope off the streets to
control the crowds. Even better, the guns wouldn't be automatic
weapons, they'd be six shooters like the good ol days.

Rich