Old August 13th 03, 09:38 PM
BR

"The Drive" was the best thing on radio in the past 30 years. It was
great the day it came on the air and got better and better every week.
The slogan said it all: "Remember the way radio used to be, well its
that way again".
But now its just, "Remember, listeners don't count. We can jam
anything into their ears we think will bring us more money". No wonder
there isn't any listener loyalty anymore. The only radio we can count
on being here tomorrow is NPR because we get to vote with our own $$.
Maybe this is a good time check out satellite radio. It surly isn't a
good time to listen to Country - hell its NEVER a good time for that
crap!

inch (Peter H.) wrote in message ...

Bonneville's KKDV (95.7) in San Francisco went from "The Drive" (classic hits)
to "My Country Station" Monday (8/11) at noon. The call letters haven't changed
so far. This marks the return of a country format on an FM signal to the
central part of the Bay Area.

Reportedly, listeners will be asked to "select" a new slogan (which probably
means one or two have been preselected already) ...

How about, "All Mormon, All the Time"?