Old August 14th 03, 06:07 PM
DJ UndahCovah

Default Click to sign petition supporting radio free brattleboro

Brattleboro, Vermont

Our local radio station, radio free brattleboro, is currently
documenting community support to show the FCC that indeed, we have the
"authority to operate" as granted to us by the public, who own the
airwaves. We are a non-profit, non-commerical, 10 watt station with a
mission to train local citizens in the art of radio broadcasting and
the rights and responsibilities inherent to free speech. Our lawyers
have advised us that since the FCC has not defined what "authority to
operate" is, we can define it as community support. Since we webcast,
you are our community too!

Please click on this link to read our petition & register your
(electronic signature) support for our project.

http://www.petitiononline.com/07131998/petition.html

Please note that this is for Non-Residents of Brattleboro, VT only,
and only one signature can be registered per computer. If you've
already signed, please take a few minutes to pass this along to your
contacts who care about media reform and continuing to challenge the
increasing homogenization of corporate media.

You can check out our website at www.rfb.fm where you can access our
streaming web signal and look at our program guide. More information
on our current struggle to remain on air despite a recent visit by the
FCC is available at www.ibrattleboro.com, and by contacting us at

Thank you,

Sara, "DJ Undahcovah"

"It is time to move from being a passive consumer of media to becoming
a co-creator in a movement which gives voice to the voiceless. If you
can't communicate, you can't organize. If you can't organize, you
can't fight back. And, if you can't fight back, you have no chance of
winning."

Stephen Dunifer of Free Radio Berkeley paraphrasing "Scoop" Nisker