Old March 5th 04, 04:05 AM
aunwin

Thanks for responding Cecil I know that you can't be intimidated
to say something that you disagree with.
Now the dipole, arrangement doesn't change as you change in length.
Well, put it another way, I need more input than that for me to ride on the
same train with confidence. At the moment I am losing total confidence in
myself because of the unity of others in thought that opposes mine.
Especially when some are much better educated than I. But then you said
SIMILAR, you did NOT say it changed to parallel, so I can agree with
'similar' when comparing a particular characteristic
Cheers
Art

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
aunwin wrote:
Not sure what you are getting at.

Well, how about this, Art? A 1/2WL dipole is similar to a series circuit,
i.e. low resistance increasing to each side. A one wavelength dipole is

similar
to a parallel circuit, i.e. high resistance decreasing to each side.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp