Old August 19th 03, 03:22 PM
Ron Hardin

It was a `best of Imus' week; they reran the Thursday show on Friday,
evidently having grabbed the wrong one. There's nothing to cover,
so it might as well be a BOI. It would have been even better if
it hadn't been the same one they played the previous day.

Janice and Minko were doing a morning zoo starting at 5:30 until about
6:10 I guess and then dropped into BOI. I guess they found the tape.

If you want live coverage of the exciting blackout, WCBS right up the
dial will satisfy you with endless drivel on that very topic.

Not, by the way, that Imus has been that great recently; mostly the
show is stalling fishing for material, and Imus isn't thinking of any.
The fallback is calling Sid Rosenberg reprehensible, and trash talking
the upcoming fight to benefit the Ranch once again. When you hear
either of these, it means there will be no yuks for the remainder of
the show. Imus has been stumped. The neurons that used to fire fire
no more.

Bernie and Lou are getting surly. I imagine looking at job prospects.

I myself have taped almost all of Imus since 98 and probably will not
reorder another box of 120-casettes when the current one is empty.
Sorry J&R (you get a good deal there but I won't be needing them).

One of the BOI's they played at 5:50 Friday was from a 1998 show;
the difference was immediately apparent.
--
Ron Hardin