Old August 19th 03, 07:38 PM
Ron Hardin

Rich Wood wrote:

On 19 Aug 2003 14:21:37 GMT, "Paul Jensen" wrote:

Typical of radio today. Instead of providing useful information to their
audience, they're airing a rerun. That is a crappy effort.

We have two of the finest all news stations in the world. Why on God's
earth would I tune to a sports station in an emergency. If I have Jock
Itch, maybe, even though I've got the Gold Bond spots nearly
memorized.

WCBS was on almost immediately. WINS took a little longer. Those are
my "crisis" stations, not one that makes "Dumb and Dumber" look
brilliant. It works extremely well in good times, but not in an
emergency.

The smartest thing they could have done was to simulcast WINS or WCBS.

Rich

You'll find that WFAN 660 (Imus) had the best live coverage of 9/11 by far; it's even
on the web.

Try
http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/sep11a.ra (3.9mb big) 8am hour
http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/sep11b.ra (3.9mb big) 9am hour
http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/sep12.ra (3.9mb big) 5am hour next morning

The 9 hour above is covered poorly as internet various feeds failed.

Imus replayed it all (more than captured above) on Sep 11 _2002_ and that's at
http://rhhardin5.home.mindspring.com/imuscut.sep1102.ra (4.1mb big)

The reason it's the best is that he's not trying to get something for it; he
and McCord are the finest news people ever.

The ``we-are-bringing-you-your-news'' tone of every news guy is insufferable.
Compare it to Imus.
--
Ron Hardin