Old August 22nd 03, 03:47 PM
Richard Hutnik

Default Could sniffers provide way for low bandwidth broadcasting over the Internet?

A concern of privacy over the Internet is that people will steal
packets going from one IP address to another one.

Perhaps someone could illuminate me here. Wouldn't it be possible to
use this ability to have a cheap way to broadcast sound or video over
the Net to a large number of people, without taxing bandwidth? It
would be unidirectional, but so is radio and television broadcasting.
Have one machine do streaming audio and video in an unsecure VPN and
have other people "tune into" this network and pull the stream packets
off the network.

If anyone has more information on this than I, can you fill in the
blanks for me.

Thank you for your time...
- Richard Hutnik