Old August 25th 03, 03:08 AM
R J Carpenter

"Mark Jeffries" wrote in message
"R J Carpenter" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

Anyone here remember the "Your Hit Parade" TV show of the late 50's

with
Snooky Lanson, Dorothy Collins, etc? The four staff singers of this

national
show did their versions of the week's top songs "all across America."

You children don't seem to remember the "Fitch Bandwagon" from the late

30s
/ early 40s. Songs were "sung so clearly you can understand every

word".
Wasn't Larry Clinton the band leader and Bea Wain one of the vocalists?
Clearly hits were thought to be national back then.

I wasn't around back then, but in all my readings of OTR and listening
to Chuck Schaden in Chicago, I would've sworn that it was "Manhattan
Merry-Go-Round" where the announcer said that the songs were sung so
clearly that you could understand every word.

And you are 100% correct. My memory haze is catching up with me.... Sorry.