Old August 25th 03, 03:08 AM
Mike Ward

On 24 Aug 2003 18:28:47 GMT, (Sven Franklyn Weil)
wrote:

In article , Sid Schweiger wrote:
The bottom of the FM dial is at 88 MHz. WABC-TV audio is at 179.75 MHz.

You can get Channel 5 audio if your FM radio's dial extends down
into the 70s.

Japanese FM is 75 or 76 to 90 megacycles (or so). VHF TV channels 1,
2 and 3 have their audio between 90 and 108. Japan uses the NTSC
system.

If you get one of those radios, you're in business. I used to have
one. It got stolen. :-(

Then again, Radio Shack and other stores that sell radios have a
number of "TV Audio" models, both analog and digital, that cover the
VHF band quite well. I don't know if you can get TV audio in a car,
tho...and it's been a long time since I saw a "TV audio" receiver that
would pick up the UHF band.

Mike