Old August 26th 03, 08:02 PM
R J Carpenter

"Rich Wood" wrote in message
On 24 Aug 2003 00:43:52 GMT, "R J Carpenter"
wrote:

You're too young to remember when skilled people wrote lyrics - Ira
Gershwin, Cole Porter. Irving Berlin and the whole lot. For your musical
education of that period I'd suggesting listening to XM-4 ;-))

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love being called too young.
However, I have to confess that I spent many early years of my career
programming Easy Listening both on the station level and in
syndication. I was creative Chairman of the International Beautiful
Music Association. We recorded Easy Listening material when the supply
started to dry up.

I wasn't alive when they were writing it, but made a good living
spreading it around.

But wasn't that mostly done without the vocals??

You see, I'm too old to remember and you're to young..... :-((