Old August 27th 03, 03:55 AM
Ian

The follow was also emailed directly to Ian:

Do you have a high speed Internet connection? If so, just listen to the BBC
directly over the Internet. The BBC website isn't blind friendly, but I
think all of the channels stream. I particularly like BBC 7. You can get
transmitters that will broadcast the streaming audio onto FM frequencies so
they can be listened to on any radio in the house.

I thought someone would ask this!
Yes, getting stations like BBC Radio 4 would be a solution ....
only snag is, well, ahem, I am still obstinately using an ancient
486 dX PC and operating on DOS, i.e. no Windoze!
I do also have a perfectly good pentium with a demo screen reader
set up on it, but never did get to like using it.
One day, maybe, one day ..
--
Ian Ft Worth, TX, USA
change m to r to Reply by email